Welcome to EMPOWERED AGING: Our Realfluencers series that feature real women in our ORESTA community that are shifting the narrative surrounding aging and living intentionally and boldly!
We'd like you to introduce you to Christina. Her warmth, captivating smile and bright eyes leave a lasting impression with everyone she meets. Also known as Christina in Colour, she is an award-winning multicultural marketing consultant and author of 'A Black Traveler’s Guide to Japanese Beauty'. Christina is also an incredible latin dancer.
1. What do you love about getting older?
As I get older, I love the clarity, maturity and wisdom that comes with time and experience.
I don’t like how lifestyle choices more visibly affect our appearance and overall well-being. When I consume something that isn't good for me, I immediately feel the impact on my physical and emotional health. Maybe that’s a good thing
because the awareness pushes me to be more mindful of what I put into my body and mind.
- Dr. Lara Briden's Hormone Repair Manual
- Jessie Inchauspe's Glucose Revolution and The Glucose Goddess Method
3. What is your evening skin care routine?
● Wash my face with Laurel Support Cleanser. When I wear heavier makeup, I pre-cleanse with an oil-based cleanser
● Hydrate and soothe my skin with Laurel Hydrating Elixir II
● Lock in moisture with Laurel Balance Serum
● Apply the Laurel Eye Serum to my eye contour
4. What advice would you give your younger self?
Start developing healthy habits early on. Find a way to balance healthy eating, regular exercise, lots of hydration, and getting enough sleep while embracing the spontaneity of youth. These practices can really set us up for the win as we age. I like to think of it as compounded interest for our health because health is truly our wealth.
5. What’s one thing you do that has changed your skin?
6. What is your favourite skin care product?
The Laurel Hydrating Elixir II has been revolutionary for me. It was the first purchase I made at ORESTA, and the transformation in my skin was immediately noticeable.
7. What is your philosophy on empowered ageing?
To be kinder to myself and others as I get older. I’m embracing the concept of ‘holistic gentleness’, and it makes me feel more empowered as I mature in age and wisdom. The book 'Your Body Believes Every Word You Say' by Barbara Hoberman Levine highlights the importance of gentle self-talk and consuming things that are kinder to our bodies and souls. Aging has made me realize that we, as individuals, are non-renewable resources—our time, energy, and lifespan are finite. Let's aim for gentleness.
8. I feel most beautiful when……
9. Tell us about your skin care journey with ORESTA.
When I walked into ORESTA, my discouragement quickly changed after Oresta introduced me to Laurel Whole Plant Organics, and guided me to the Hydrating Elixir II. Within a week, my skin improved significantly with less inflammation, a smoother texture, and noticeably fewer breakouts. From then on, I was hooked. Laurel makes up most of my skincare routine nowadays, and I’m happy to say my skin is back to its radiant, youthful glow.