Waste Reduction Week is October 21st to October 27th. There is a theme for every day of the week: circular economy, textiles, champions and innovators. plastics and packaging, food waste, swap-share-repair and e-waste.
What is a Circular Economy?
A circular economy is an alternative to our traditional linear economy where we make, use and then dispose. In the Circular Economy, we keep resources in use for as long as possible, extract the maximum value from them while in use. Then, we recover and regenerate products and materials, repurposing them into other things or recycling them.
10 simple ways to reduce your waste:
1. recycle and compost
2. donate, swap or share items rather than throw them out
3. shop mindfully - purchase only what you need
4. shop consignment
5. attend a clothing swap
6. consider renting an item instead of purchasing it
7. repair broken appliances at a repair cafe
8. shop zero-waste stores
9. avoid plastic bags and packaging
10. dispose of electronics properly
Reduce your waste and participate in the circular economy, this week and every week.