Vitamin C is a powerhouse for your body and your skin. It is a potent antioxidant that:
- helps to protect your skin against UV damage
- reduces pigmentation, sun damage
- reduces inflammation
- repairs and strengthens skin
- smooths fine lines
- boosts collagen production
Since we aren't able to produce or store Vitamin C, we must ingest it or apply it topically.
As all Vitamin C products are NOT created equal, choosing the right type of Vitamin C, knowing how and when to use it and how to store it correctly is key to its efficacy.
When choosing a Vitamin C Serum:
- L-ascorbic acid is the most potent and effective variety of Vitamin C in skin care.
- A concentration of 10-20% of Vitamin C is ideal (below 10% won't be potent enough and above 20% will cause irritation)
- Ferulic acid elevates Vitamin C’s antioxidant properties and keeps it stable
Here are OUR FAVOURITES Vitamin C products for a healthy radiant glow:
Vitamin C can also be found in whole plants. Laurel's Brighten Mask is our favourite nutrient rich Vitamin C mask. It contains camu camu, fruits and gotu kola to repair cellular damage, brighten skin and support natural collagen production. Use it atleast 3x/week for optimum results. However, this mask can be used nightly, as you cannot over masque.
Laurel's Honey Berry Enzyme Mask is a multi-tasker. It's a gentle brightening enzymatic exfoliator, a hydrator that visibly plumps and firms the skin, and an antioxidant-rich mask for a healthy glow.