"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." — Buddha
While Valentines may be over, self-love is important all-year long.
Self-care is self-love. Practicing self-care is about getting to know all aspects of yourself, learning to love each part of yourself, especially the imperfections, putting yourself first and not settling for less than you deserve because you understand and respect your own needs.
We've curated self-care rituals to help you celebrate all the parts of yourself.
Love Your Hair Ritual:
Reveal shiny, healthy, strong hair with this hair-loving ritual.
2. Work in the treatment with the Jade Comb. Start by gently wiggling the comb along your hairline, including the nape of the neck. Then glide the comb through your hair. The Jade Comb promotes circulation and stimulates hair growth.
3. With the flat side of the comb, use gentle circular motions behind your ear to relieve tension.
4. Hop in the shower and rinse out the scalp treatment. Follow with your favourite Rahua shampoo and conditioner. Our favourite for the winter is the Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner.
5. Before drying and styling, spray scalp and hair with Laurel's Rosemary Hydrosol for shine and to stimulate hair growth naturally.
Love Your Skin Ritual:
Treat yourself to a renewing facial for glowing, plump, hydrated skin.
1. Cleanse your skin with Kahina Oil Cleanser. Massage into dry skin and remove with a warm, damp face cloth.
2. Prepare LILFOX Cleopatra Resurfacing Mask by mixing 1 teaspoon of mask with a few drops of water. For extra hydration, add in a dime size of LILFOX Cupu Cool Hyaluronic Treatment. Apply the mask on your skin with a brush or using your fingers. Leave for 5-25 minutes, spray with toner or water if the mask begins to dry out. Remove with a warm, wet cloth.
2. Hydrate your skin with a toner. Our favourites are the Laurel California Rose or Laurel Elixir I. Spray 6-8 times, leaving skin damp. For some extra love, compress the toner into your skin for a few seconds.
Love Your Body Ritual:
This ritual will leave you feeling revitalized and your skin feeling soft and smooth.
1. Before your shower, Pour 1-2 drops of Living Libations Verve Tonic into the palm of your hand and sweep the bristles of a dry brush across your palm, and begin dry-brushing from your toes to your head, always moving towards the heart. Dry brushing and Cypress and Rosemary oils help to increase circulation and stimulate the lymphatic system.
Love Your Rest Ritual:
Find your calm and settle in for a restoring sleep.
1. Light a Lohn Candle and choose a relaxing playlist to set the mood.
2. Fill your tub with Bathorium's CRUSH Sea Kelp Serenity Soak to create a rich, decadent and relaxing bath experience. Get in and begin to relax.
3. Get ready for bed by spraying your room or your silk pillowcase with Laurel's Lavender Hydrosol or the K'Pure Settle Down Spray.