April 22 is Earth Day.
This year's theme is 'Restore Our Earth'.
It's an especially poignant message for celebrating Mother Earth as we struggle with the challenges of the pandemic along with climate change, greenhouse gas emissions, deforestation, overconsumption, pollution, and pesticides.
It takes a village so this Earth Day as we focus on optimism for our future, we focus on making positive changes to our planet both individually and as a community.
We invite you to make an Earth Day Resolution, a change in your life aimed at doing right by Mother Earth.
Here are some simple resolution:
- limit your water consumption in the shower-
- conserve energy by reading a book rather than streaming a movie
- avoid single-use plastic bags, straws, takeout containers and cutlery
- wash your recycling containers before placing them in the recycling bins to prevent contamination and the entire bin from becoming garbage
- minimize paper waste by receiving your utility bills online
- replace a car ride with a walk or cycle
- invest in indoor plants to purify the air
- avoid bottled water, invest in a reusable water bottle instead
- reduce your food print by cutting down on red meats and incorporating a weekly meatless meal
- shop consciously by shopping local and supporting companies that contribute to the health of our environment
Do you have an Earth Day resolution to share?