CLEANSE EXFOLIATE TONE TREAT MOISTURIZE
What's the number one winter skin concern? Dry, dull, flaking skin.
If you aren't exfoliating your skin weekly, you should be.
Exfoliation help renew the surface of the skin by sloughing away dead skin cells to reveal a softer, more even, glowing skin tone. In addition, weekly exfoliation:
- Smooths and refines the texture of the skin
- Evens out skin tone, diminishes age spots, sun damage and post acne discolouration.
- Prepares the skin for better skin care product penetration
- Minimizes the appearance of fine lines by rehydrating the skin
- Reduces pores, clears congestion and prevents breakout
While exfoliation is a great step to elevate your skin care routine, it's important to understand how to exfoliate properly. Here are our tips for exfoliation:
Manual exfoliation, also referred to as physical or mechanical exfoliation involves a massaging action with a ground almonds, walnut, rice or oats powder to remove dead skin off of the surface of the skin. Add water to the powder to create a paste. Use a gentle pressure when massaging the exfoliator into the skin. Avoid the eye area.
Chemical Exfoliation involves the loosening of dead skin cells with an AHA, BHA or enzyme peel. They break down the bond of dead skin cells, excess sebum (oil) and bacteria so that skin can naturally shed without any manual massaging action.
- AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) are water soluble and exfoliate the surface of the skin. They are derived from sugar cane (glycolic acid), citrus fruit (citric acid), milk (lactic acid), grapes (tartaric acid) and almonds (mandelic acid)
- BHA (beta hydroxy acids) are oil soluble and can penetrate deeper into the pores. They are commonly known as salicylic acid (willow bark), citric acid (citrus) and malic acid (grapes). Ideal for oily, acne-prone skin.
- Enzymes are derived from papaya (papain), pineapple (bromelain) , pumpkin and berries. Enzyme Exfoliants loosen dead skin cells with an enzymatic action.
Dual-Action Exfoliation combines mechanical and chemical exfoliation ingredients for a deep exfoliation.
Whether you prefer an exfoliation that is mechanical , enzyme or dual-action, choose the one that is best suited for your skin type and lifestyle. Incorporate an exfoliator into your skin care routine to ensure you get that glow that you deserve!
Best For Overall Ease: Eminence Stone Crop Fizzofoliant