TIPS TO STAY CALM AND POSITIVE
1. Get your information from trustworthy Canadian sources.
2. Don’t overdose on news. Limit checking for news updates to once or twice a day.
4. Practice what you can control:
- get enough sleep: 8 hours/night
- get outdoors daily to enjoy some physical activity
- wash your hands often
- practice social distancing
- Epic Fitness founder Stephanie Karlovits is offering a FREE daily 8 am morning stretch on Instagram @stephaniekarlovits and Facebook.
- Pranashanti is offering FREE 10 minute videos
- Pure Yoga is offering FREE/Pay What You Can LIVE Yoga classes on Instagram @pureyogaottawa
6. Show yourself love, patience and kindness by practicing a relaxing self-care ritual. How about a relaxing bath , facial massage or facial masque?
7. Acknowledge and express your thoughts, challenges and emotions through daily journaling
8. Practice mindful breathing and meditation
The Ottawa Mindfulness Meditation Group is offering a FREE 30 minute Emerging Into Spring morning reading + meditation - daily at 8am
9. If you or a loved one are struggling with anxiety or depression, there is support for you:
Crisis Services Canada: 1-833-456-4566 or text 45645
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
Breathe. Allow yourself to feel. Take your moment but don't force it. Be kind, gentle and patient with yourself and know that we are in this together.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.