The war in Ukraine is devastating. We have family and friends living in Ukraine. The pain and grief is overwhelming. We are incredibly touched with the kindness of our ORESTA community who have reached out following the invasion of Ukraine.
Thank you for the calls, messages, visits, hugs and kind gestures. Thank you for your concern for our parents, family and friends in Ukraine. Your generosity has truly warmed our hearts.
Many have asked how they can help. Here is a list of organizations doing incredible work in supporting the people of Ukraine who are seeking financial donations:
- CANADA UKRAINE FOUNDATION - https://www.cufoundation.ca/
- Médecins sans frontières (Doctors Without Borders) - https://www.doctorswithoutborders.ca/
- Save the Children: an international NGO delivering emergency aid to Ukrainian families
- Voices of Children: offers psychological support to children affected by the conflict in Eastern Ukraine
- Phoenix Wings: a charitable foundation that supplies the Ukrainian army with medical treatment and defensive equipment such as vests and helmets
- Razom for Ukraine: a pro-democracy group fundraising for emergency response medical supplies in Ukraine