Gua Sha - prepare to be amazed
Are you prepared to elevate your skin care and over all well being?
Gua sha (gua - scraping, sha - toxins) is an ancient traditional Chinese healing technique. It has been passed down for generations as a remedy to alleviate muscle pain in the body, to improve circulation, reduce inflammation and support the immune system.
It was then developed into a natural beauty technique for the face, neck and decollette to:
- release muscle tension
- stimulates lymphatic movement
- reduce puffiness
- improve skin tone, texture and elasticity
- activate the skin's natural ability to heal itself
- reduce fine lines
- lift eyelids
- firm the neck and jawline and reduce jowls
- alleviate congestion
- reduce pigmentation/dark spots
- improve vitality resulting in a radiant complexion
We have designed a gua sha tool and technique to for you to experience at home.
Here are our four gua sha stones:
Rainbow Fluorite (top left) is a highly protective gemstone that boosts self- confidence, reduces stress, improves concentration and strengthens intuition. It encourages gratitude, transforms negative energy into positive energy, and blocks electromagnetic pollution.
Clear Crystal Quartz (bottom left) is the purest and most powerful crystal, known as the master healing stone. It calms, cleanses, detoxifies and balances energies in the body and skin. The powerful healing energy in the Clear Quartz stimulates the immune system and helps with memory and concentration.
Rainbow Obsidian (top right) is a grounding and protective stone that draws negative energy out of the body, alleviates fear, resentment and stress. It encourages gratification and optimism, provides support in grief, helps heal a broken heart and provides an abundance of love and happiness.
Mookaite Jasper (bottom right) is a nurturing stone that supports and sustains during times of stress. It brings peace, a feeling of wholeness, increases self-confidence, self-worth and helps to realize one’s full potential. Mookaite helps with decision making, to encourage versatility and accept change.
In addition to designing a gua sha tool, it was important that we teach you correct technique as it's key to optimum results.
With the purchase of your gua sha, you will receive:
- a video tutorial training created by Laryssa and myself where we walk you through step -by-step through the gua sha technique (be on the lookout for the blooper).
- a laminated step-by-step illustrated instructional gua sha technique handout.
How do I choose the right gua sha tool?
There is no wrong gua sha tool, it’s all in the technique so choose the tool that speaks to you.
Why a gua sha tool?
Over the years, we have been fortunate to experience and study various ancient holistic approaches to health and wellbeing that we have incorporated into our facial treatments. When we incorporated gua sha into our Holistic Facials, we were astounded with the results. We believe that combining gua sha with holistic lifestyle changes and healthy skin care will elevate your skin health. We want to share these techniques so that you can enjoy the effects of this self care ritual at home.
Where did we study?
In 2017, we had the honour of studying gua sha and facial rejuvenation with Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctor Ping Zhang, an internationally renowned practitioner in the field of anti-aging and TCM. Dr. Zhang is the first US recipient of a PhD in Oriental Medicine in the field of facial rejuvenation. She was trained by Chinese Medicine Master Dr. Qing Zhang, the pioneer of Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture in China.
Why did we design and manufacture our own gua sha tool?
Over the years we have worked with a variety of gua sha tools and stones developing our own facial rejuvenation techniques that incorporate facial massage, gua sha, facial reflexology and lymphatic drainage. We designed these tools using these stones to best support and enhance our technique.
It is important to know and respect that Gua Sha is a traditional Chinese Medicine technique. We are not trained Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners. We are holistic aestheticians so we approach gua sha from a beauty perspective. We understand skin, how it functions and how a combination of massage, gua sha and other techniques on the face, neck and decollette can help restore inner balance resulting in a firm, clear, bright and vibrant complexion.
Why does my gua sha tool look slightly different?
Each gua sha tool is unique in colour, grains and shades. There may be slight imperfections on the stone as they are handcrafted from genuine raw stones. Due to the difficulty in carving each stone, there may be slightly irregularities.
The gua sha stones are fragile so we recommend keeping your gua sha in the pouch when not in use to protect it.
While we love our gua sha tools and technique, it's not suitable for everyone.
Please avoid gua sha if you:
- have any infectious skin disease or Injury to the skin (ie, sunburn, rashes, abrasions, bruising, ulceration, or lesions)
- have had any trauma to the body including acute injuries of the muscle, tendons and any bone fractures.
- have had Botox injections or fillers less than 4 weeks ago
- Trauma to the body including acute injuries of the muscle, tendons and any bone fractures
- have a malignant tumor or mass or are undergoing cancer treatment
- are taking blood thinners or have clotting disorders
- have medical conditions affecting the skin or veins
- have any bleeding disorders such as leukemia or anemia
- have deep vein thrombosis
- have an infection, tumour or wound that has not healed fully
- have an implant (ie, a pacemaker)
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.