We are so excited that spring is finally in the air, however with spring comes allergy season: sneezing, sniffling and red, itchy, watery eyes. Here are our top 6 solutions for keeping the ‘spring’ in your step this season:
1. Anti-inflammatory diet: Remove acidic and mucus forming foods from your diet and replace with more calming foods.
Eat more green vegetables, raw nuts, fish & healthy fats (avocados, extra-virgin olive oil). Avoid dairy, sugar, white flour, dried fruit and processed foods.
2. Clarisonic Opal: This palm sized sonic device is used with your favourite eye cream to massage your eye area with 125 sonic massages/second allows for deeper absorption of eye cream, drains fluid around the eyes, reduces puffiness and clears the sinuses. Eminence's Wild Plum Eye Cream is ideal for dark circles while Kahina's Eye Serum is a favourite for those with sensitive eyes.
3. Quercetone: is a supplement that reduces inflammation and symptoms of seasonal allergies. A flavonoid, it is commonly found in particularly high concentrations in apples, berries, citrus fruits and onions. Rich in antioxidants as well as anti-inflammatory properties, it reduces the release of histamines in the body.
4. Afterglow's Triple Eye Treatment: Allergies=dark circles + puffiness. The triple eye treatment is a MUST HAVE creamy concealer for under eye circles, for reducing puffiness, for brightening the eye area and preventing fine lines and wrinkles. Organic marshmallow extract reduces puffiness and increases circulation while antioxidant-rich organic white tea extract inhibits enzymes that attack collagen and elastin.
5. Neti pot: Don't knock it until you try it! Flushing your nasal cavity with a warm saline solution offers instant relief by removing excess mucus from the nose and sinuses.
6. Simple home remedy: Reduce throat irritation by adding 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar + 1 Tbsp honey to 1 cup of warm water. Decrease sinus irritation by adding 1 Tbsp raw honey to a cup of elderflower tea.
Happy Spring to all!