With the beautiful fall leaves come cooler temperatures. My rule of thumb is that when you need to turn on your furnace on for the season, it’s time to change your skin care routine to increase the hydration levels in my skin. In addition to drinking more water, here are our favourite tips:
1. Avoid foaming facial cleansers that strip oils in the skin. Skin should never feel squeaky clean after cleansing. instead, use a hydrating oil, cream or gel cleanser. Use only tepid water when cleansing as hot water dehydrates the skin.
2. Combat dry skin by switching to a richer moisturizer which contain natural butters like shea butter. The extreme temperature fluctuations between the cold outdoors and heated indoors are especially difficult for sensitive skin. Seek products with chamomile, linden, rosehip, calendula and rose which hydrate, calm and soothe inflammation.
3. Exfoliate your skin twice weekly to remove dull, dead skin and enhance the penetration of your moisturizer. Do not limit your exfoliation to the face. Dry brush your body daily with a natural-fibre brush to exfoliate, detoxify and stimulate circulation. This is reduce the necessity for over-application of body lotion. Do not neglect your lips. they need extra TLC as well. Use a petroleum-free lip balm to heal dry, chapped lips.
4. The ultimate cold weather skin-saver for every skin type is an antioxidant-rich facial and body oil. Use the oil as your daily moisturizer, as a serum to be worn under your moisturizer or add a drop or two of oil to your moisturizer. Seek out oils that are skin specific however remember that EVERY skin type can wear oil. Apply a small amount to your hair to avoid fly-away hair and keep your hair healthy and hydrated.
5. Add a hydrating masque to your skin care routine. There is no need to wait 20 minutes. Apply a cream mask as your night cream, wear it to bed and remove it in the morning to reveal a glowing, hydrated complexion.
6. Sun protection is not just for the summer months. the strength of ultra- violet (UV) rays doesn’t diminish significantly during the winter months. Snow acts as a reflector and can bounce UV rays back at you, greatly increasing the chance of sunburn. apply a full spectrum SPF to the face, ears, hands and lips. reapplication every two hours is key!
Visit ORESTA for a free consultation to help you customize your skin care regime.
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - 10-6
Wednesday - 10-6
Thursday - 10-6
Friday - 10-6
Saturday - 10-5
Sunday - Closed
Spa appointments available beyond store hours
48 hour cancellation policy
We have done your homework for you by carefully hand selecting all of the products that we use in our spa treatments and retail in our stores. ORESTA only partners with brands that share our passion of healthy beauty by creating products that are natural, organic, cruelty-free and made of food grade and wild crafted ingredients.
We continuously seek out the latest healthy skin care, hair care, body care and cosmetics on the market so you can shop with confidence knowing that you are purchasing pure, high quality, result-oriented products.
We are devoted to helping you achieve healthy beauty. Get all the secrets we are dying to share.